All commands are assuming you are running your Masternode on an Ubuntu Linux 16.04 VPS. Running a MN locally on a Windows or Mac PC, while possible, is not officially supported, mostly for security purposes.
To check your masternode is active and working:¶
- In your local wallet: Verify that you see status "ENABLED" in your masternode tab, and that the Active timer is increasing.
- On your VPS: Run bulwark-cli masternode status, it should say "Masternode successfully started"
If you are getting a "Could not connect to server" error when running commands on your VPS¶
- It has likely crashed for some reason and simply needs to be re-started using
systemctl start bulwarkd
- Follow that up by re-starting your node in your local wallet with
startmasternode alias false yourmnaliaswhere
yourmnaliasis the name of your masternode as defined in your masternode.conf.
- If you would like to see if it crashed due to low system memory, run
dmesg | egrep -i 'killed process'on your VPS.